Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This article will show you how to staining patio pavers. You may do everything you can to beautify the interior of your home. Like many people, however, you may forget about outdoor spaces. If you have a private backyard, you could be missing out on another entire room to enjoy. A patio is a fabulous space for outdoor furniture, entertainment or relaxation. Here are 5 tips how to staining patio pavers.
- Remove furniture, accessories and other items from the patio so that they are not damaged. Mix one part mild liquid dish soap and two parts plain water. Wash concrete patio stones with this mixture, scrubbing the stones with a nylon-bristle brush to remove mud and dirt. Rinse the stones with water from a garden hose and let them air-dry for 24 hours.
- Cover the lawn or other surfaces around the stones with plastic tarps. Put on safety glasses in case the stain splashes.
- Load a paint sprayer with your chosen masonry stain. Begin with the patio stones farthest from the entry to the home so that you do not get stuck outside. Slowly and evenly cover each concrete patio stone with stain.
- Wait one hour and apply a second coat of stain to each stone. Wait another hour; if you are happy with the color, move on and seal the stones. If you want a deeper color, keep applying stain, waiting an hour between coats, until the shade pleases you.
- Seal the concrete patio stones after 24 hours. Apply masonry sealer evenly to each stone using a paint roller. Let the sealer dry for two hours, roll on a second coat and wait 24 to 48 hours before walking on the stones.
Things You Will Need
- Liquid dish soap
- Scrub brush
- Garden hose
- Plastic tarps
- Safety glasses
- Paint sprayer
- Masonry stain
- Masonry sealer
- Paint roller
Where a large cleaning brush won't reach, a rotary tool with a nylon brush will. Corners, edges, and places where a brick meets up with another structure, like a deck or a patio door, can be readily cleaned with a rotary tool. You can stain many types of masonry, including concrete and brick. That are 5 way to staining patio paver.